First of all, the installation...Just transmit these 6 files : backhome.8xp clscreen.8xp palette.8xp print.8xp settings.8xp sprite.8xp The SPRITES project v3.31 (for TI83PCE/TI84+CE) is composed of 6 functions, written in ASM, executables from the TI-OS : 1) SETTINGS ,situated in the beginning of your Basic program, initialises the routines, memorises the Status Bar, clears the screen in black, goes to 256-color-mode (8bpp). If you write the string "+" just before it, that will force to stay in 16bpp mode (useful for debugging an error in your Basic program!). inside your program: "+":Asm(prgmSETTINGS or just before launching your program DEMO: "+":prgmDEMO 2) CLSCREEN allows you to clear (part of) screen, using one of 256 colors (see 256_colors.png). 255:Asm(prgmCLSCREEN clears the whole screen in white. {x,y,width,height,color,x2,y2,width2,height2,color2...:Asm(prgmCLSCREEN Displays at least one filled rectangle starting at (x,y) position (top left corner). You'll notice that chaining of parameters is possible. 3) PALETTE allows you to modify/re-initialise the standard 36-color-palette (see Palette_36colors.png) {255,15,0,...:Asm(prgmPALETTE changes the first colors of the palette (modifying all the palette is possible) 0:Asm(prgmPALETTE or "":Asm(prgmPALETTE re-initialise the standard palette. 4) SPRITE allows you to define/display a Sprite. When defining, you'll have to mention respectively: -its number (0 to ...), -its width (1 to 35), -its height (1 to 35), -its zooming (x1 to x7), -then pixels data... As we need to put values higher than 9, we'll use the base 36 (values between 0 and Z ,eg A=10, B=11....Z=35) For example: "000,C3,5 Ans+"0123456789AB Ans+"CDEFGHIJKLMN Ans+"OPQRSTUVWXYZ Asm(prgmSPRITE define the Sprite number 0 (=000), which size will be 12x3 (=C3), and zoom x5 (=5) IMPORTANT: the sprites always have to be defined increasingly : 0,1,2.... Plus, when defining sprite "000", this also (re)set the Sprites Data ! 76800 are available for storing sprites (I guess that will be enough) One sprite = 2+(width*height)*zoom^2 bytes, we can store up to 62 sprites 35x35 , zoom x1 When displaying, a chaining of several sprites parameters is possible: For example: {0,100,200,1,0,0:Asm(prgmSPRITE will display the sprite #0, coordinates (100,200) , also the sprite #1 , coordinates (0,0) ( =top left corner of screen) . 5) PRINT allows you to set the displaying mode (graphical position, color/background color (0 to 256), size of characters ) Also allows to display characters (text, variables,...) Of course, the minus are availables thanks to a double [alpha] key pressing. For setting... {x,y:Asm(prgmPRINT or {x,y,color,background color:Asm(prgmPRINT or {x,y,color,background color,zoom-width,zoom-height:Asm(prgmPRINT And for displaying... "Hello world":Asm(prgmPRINT x:Asm(prgmPRINT L1(1:Asm(prgmPRINT 123+4567:Asm(prgmPRINT π:Asm(prgmPRINT If you want to "return & go to next line", just put an "i" by pressing [2nd] [.] "Hello!iEverything's fine?":Asm(prgmPRINT will display... Hello! Everything's fine? Let's mention that PRINT will be more accurate : π:Asm(prgmPRINT will display 3.1415926535898 instead of usual 3.141592654 By the way, DO NOT FORGET to use the instruction DEC ! ...Or else , Code: π:Asm(prgmPRINT will display 1 Be careful to put DEC,FLOAT, MATHPRINT, CLASSIC,...Before Asm(prgmSETTINGS ! Simply because these instructions could modify the Status Bar 6) BACKHOME allows a safe return to the TI-OS : -clear all Data, converts final screen (and goes back) to 16bpp mode, then finally restore the Status Bar Code: Asm(prgmBACKHOME) If you want not to restore the Status Bar (useful for screenshots!) just write the string "NSB" (No Status Bar) Code: "NSB":Asm(prgmBACKHOME IMPORTANT, in order not to annoy your dear Calculator: -SETTINGS must be in the beginning of your program ( 'cause it initialises things...) -Always define sprites increasingly (from number 0...) -obviously NEVER try to display an inexistant Sprite! -I recommend not to display outside the screen -no more use of display functions: Output,ClrHome,ClrDraw,Text, Line,Pxl-on,Pt-on... Voilà! I hope that this tool will be useful for your creations. Have lots of fun ! And good programming ! I give Thanks to Epharius, DjOmnimaga, Diolum (tip "minuscules"), DrDnar (trick "faster/fastest") and others for their advices , testings, tips and inforrmations !! -Gérald aka grosged (june 2016) PS: Please don't hesitate, in case of bugs , tell me, thanks Wink